1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Pics of my two littel EEs - I've learned to love them more every day

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cwc362, Nov 8, 2008.

1. cwc362

cwc362 Songster

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    Here is my pair of little bantie EE's . I got them in a deal with about 6 or 7 other chickens. I didn't really care for the way they looked but I had to take them too to get the others I wanted. Since they were younger than the other chickens I kept them to themselves in a rabbit cage. I didn't think much about them until I got them home and started feeding them everyday. These little chickens talk to me and sing to me --I swear!! They love treats and especially turnip and mustard greens. They almost fall out of the cage when i open the door trying to get to my hand. If I put my hand in to change the water and don't have a treat for them , the little rooster will grab a hold of my shirt sleeve and hang on for dear life.

I hadn't thougth about getting EE's before I got these little devils, but now I am thinking about getting some standard size EEs. I wonder if these have the wonderful personalities of the little Bantie EE's that I have now. Would love to hear from you all who have EE's and tell me what you think--Be it good or bad---Wayne in Huntingdon, Tn
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Songster

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    That little girl is GORGEOUS!!!!

Well, so far, mine has been good. I have gotten two EEs, standard sized, from Ideal recently. In the short amount of time they have been here, I have come to love them. One, I call Jinx, is so curious. The other, is a good girl too, though - loves to try to fly. They are bigger than my cochin chicks!!!

3. cwc362

cwc362 Songster

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    Quote:The little rooster makes up for his looks in personality--His name is
    " like mike" My Big Cochin roo is Big Mike- My seabright mix banty roo is little mike and my little white barnyard bantie roo is white mike. The EE's are in a cage by themselves but the other three roos are in the same pen-- Little Mike is the boss although the big cochin is about 6 times as big as he is. lol

4. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Songster

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    How sweet is that!! They are a nice breed. I have one and she's great.

Thanks for sharing.

Mary

5. redhead83402

redhead83402 Songster

Apr 9, 2008
    Idaho
    We absolutely LOVE our EE's!! We have standard sized ones, and you are right, they have QUITE the personalities!
    ~Red

6. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Songster

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:The little rooster makes up for his looks in personality--His name is
    " like mike" My Big Cochin roo is Big Mike- My seabright mix banty roo is little mike and my little white barnyard bantie roo is white mike. The EE's are in a cage by themselves but the other three roos are in the same pen-- Little Mike is the boss although the big cochin is about 6 times as big as he is. lol

LOL!!! [​IMG]

7. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Songster

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    I have 1 EE roo and 8 Ee hens and I love them all. They are all nice chicks. Cute and funny. The eggs they lay are so pretty too.

8. cwc362

cwc362 Songster

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    everybody so far seems to like the EE's --So I guess I'll put them on my " Chicken Wish list"" [​IMG]

Wayne

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by