Pics of new chicks

Lesalynn

Songster
10 Years
Jul 25, 2009
Darnell, Louisiana
These chicks are the result of my first attempt at incubating. I used my own eggs. Most of my chickens were given to us by friends, so they are a motley sort. My rooster is a Columbian Wyandotte ( I think ), I have 1 Black Ameraucana hen, 1 Brown Red Ameraucana hen, 2 brown leghorn hens, 7 Barred Rock hens, and 6 red hens that I think may be RI Reds. I had one white egg hatch out and 14 brown so far. ( So I know I have a brown leghorn, lol) I still have 3 blue eggs and 12 brown eggs in incubator. Can still here peeping, so maybe we'll have several more before the day is out. I have three teen-age daughters that have been privy to this whole new experience. They have had a ball; so much so that 2 of them want to try there hands at poultry raising for 4H next year. They have been doing the basics for over a year now, feeding, caring for them, cleaning out coops, etc. I hope we are able to build separate pens so that we can keep breeds separate. I would love to order them purebreeds for the next incubation. Anyway, we have thoroughly enjoyed sharing this adventure together, and hope to learn lots more.
37609_chicks.jpg

First of all, Welcome to BYC!!!!! Lots of great info here, and great people.

Second, It's always nice to hear about parents taking the time to teach their kids something awesome, educational, and fun like raising chickens. I too have gotten in to having my own little flock, partially for me
wink.png
but mostly for my kids. They love those chickens and it teaches responsibility can be fun, unlike taking out the trash...lol!!

Again, great job!!!!
thumbsup.gif
and good luck with your little fuzzy butts!!
wee.gif

Thank ya'll for the great welcome. It is so nice to be able to correspond with people of like interests. I have been jumping around checking out all the different boards, and I have just realized I have stumbled upon a wonderful site. The info! The pics! The people! I love it already. I can see I will learn loads here. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom