1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics of New Coop

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CSWolffe, Jun 11, 2011.

1. CSWolffe

CSWolffe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Salt Lake City
    My new coop, complete with new run, random kids, a lurking three bin composter hungry for chicken poo, and chicken's first time exploring the run. The little RIR was the first one out, she's the most curious. Next was the Golden Sex Link and the Australorp, two S L Wyandottes and a Cuckoo Marans(the Marans and a Wyandotte will be going off to a co-op once they are a bit bigger). Coop is 4' x 6', with storage in the lower section, run is 4' x 8'. That odd structure in front of the pen is a cover to keep the darn magpies from stealing all my strawberries.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. typnslow

typnslow Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    New Market, Al
    Love the coop. You garden is the bomb. I think I hate you. I bet your spice cabinet is neat too.

[​IMG]

3. CSWolffe

CSWolffe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Salt Lake City
    Right next to my stove is an old ironing board storage cabinet, which I lined with cherry wood and built shelves in. So I can stand there and stir and reach to the side where I have every spice known to man right on hand. And yes, it is neat and organized, about the only place in my house that is. I can find my spices entirely by touch...

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    So neat and orderly. I can almost smell those wood shavings!

5. uncle rico

uncle rico Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Spring Green, WI
    nice setup you have there [​IMG]

6. gingerpeach22

gingerpeach22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Fairbanks
    What a lot of hard work went into that setup. It's very nice indeed.

7. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    That's wonderful!! Great job!! [​IMG] Can you post a pic of your composter???

8. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by