Pics of new Faverolles! Plus birds free ranging

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by hcammack, Nov 22, 2009.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    So I got my flock of faverolles the boy is a little noisy for my taste but he is also very handsome. The Black Ameraucana are also loking good today and I got my first egg from them [​IMG]
    Here is are the Faverolles

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Black Ameraucana flock + other LF
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Henry

2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I love your birds hcammack!!!! [​IMG] I'm guessing the last pic is a Wellsummer?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  3. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Yup they are my favorites out of the dark egg layers. One of them is laying again finally and I love getting the dark eggs.

Henry

4. Daisygirl

Daisygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    New Zealand
    I'm loving those fluffy cheeks! [​IMG]

5. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Yup they are my favorites out of the dark egg layers. One of them is laying again finally and I love getting the dark eggs.

Henry

Molting?

6. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont

Henry

Molting?

Ya the whole flock was I didn't get an egg for two months but I got two today [​IMG]

7. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Molting?

Ya the whole flock was I didn't get an egg for two months but I got two today [​IMG]

Besides our disease problems I had a EE hen that molted for 4 months! Then I got 1 egg from her before she died of the disease.

8. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Ya the whole flock was I didn't get an egg for two months but I got two today [​IMG]

Besides our disease problems I had a EE hen that molted for 4 months! Then I got 1 egg from her before she died of the disease.

Sorry to hear that I haven't really had any problems with diseases in my flock so I think she will be alright it only took her about a month to molt.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Those faverolles are beautiful!!!! Great job!

Once they settle down, they will start laying for you!

That one roo, is too light of a color and I would not use him for breeding. Pet only! Not your bluebearded roo LOL!

10. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Thanks

Ya he is a goofy little guy He defently isn't breeding anyone yet. I will probably give him to someone as a pet. I think he is Splash Salmon which is a really weird color [​IMG] Some of the blue salmon girls are just amazing!!! There beards cover there whole faces.

Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by