Pics of new goats

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by BeardedChick, Feb 8, 2009.

1. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

I ended up buying bottle doelings rather than the purebred Nubian doe. The doelings will keep my Nubian/Sable doe company.

This is Sandy, the doe that is due to kid in April. She is bred to a Saanen buck.

[​IMG]

These are the two bottle doelings (Sable x Saanen). I also brought home a Saanen buckling for a friend. The doelings have blue tattoo ink in their ears. The kids are such FUN, even DH is enjoying their antics.

[​IMG]

They were bouncing off the walls (literally) so we gave them a cinder block to play on.

[​IMG]

2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    [​IMG]

3. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Awwww congratulations!! Glad you finally brought them home [​IMG]

4. qooqoomom

qooqoomom Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2009
    Utah
    Aww, very cute. I'm finishing up the fencing this week, so I can get some dairy goats. Wish me luck. [​IMG]

5. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm finishing up the fencing this week

LOL, from what I understand, the fencing is NEVER finished if you own goats! [​IMG]

I have a lot left to do when the mud dries out... For now, these guys are sharing a big open stall (14 x 12). It's going to be fun when they can go into the paddock to play. [​IMG]

6. crazy cat lady

crazy cat lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    NW Illinois
    They are so cute to watch when they are jumping and playing. I could almost watch them all day long. But then, they do take naps so they are back to playing again later. Mine like to play just before it's bedtime. I have to tell them lights out. We have them in our dairybarn until it warms up enough to make a kidpen for them.

7. Catfishingpokey

Catfishingpokey Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Albany, Tx
    those babies are pretty.we have some due the 6th of next month and i cant wait for them to get here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by