Pics of our young chicks with a story

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Kat's Silly Chickens, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Kat's Silly Chickens

Kat's Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    South Central Texas
    We only planned on raising 6 chickens, but 1 passed on the 4th day [​IMG] , so we got 4 more to give us an even 9. 3 chickens my mom picked out, 3 my dad picked out and 3 I picked out.
    I tend to their needs, and handle all mine so they get use to being held, which I love to do.
    Mom plays with hers to keep them friendly, and dad holds his at least once a day to keep them friendly.
    We decided if the Silkies and/or Sultans are roos they will be our inside (sunroom) pets so they won't bother our rooster hating next-door-neighbor.
    I've designed a 7Lx4Wx4H inside coop/aviary which we will be building ASAP to give the 4 Bantam size chicks and Mel enough space to be comfortable and Dad found a design for an outside portable run for them to get fresh air every day.
    We know chickens are contagious, but we will be sticking with the 9 we have.
    Here they are at this time;
    2 Silkies, 2 Sultans, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Partridge Cochins, and our unknown chick. Some are 8 w/o and some are 3 w/o.

Cinnabar, Blaze, and Goldie
    [​IMG]
    Cinnabar
    [​IMG]
    Blaze
    [​IMG]
    Mel
    [​IMG]
    Sunshine
    [​IMG]
    Delwyn, Elwen, Bar-B, Que
    [​IMG]
    Goldie
    [​IMG]

Our Barred Rocks and Cochins are in the coop, and growing fast. Can't wait for the eggs to start.
    Mel the oldest Sultan is raising our 2 Silkies, Bantam Sultan, and Goldie. One of these weeks we'll find out what breed Goldie is, it's color gets more beautiful as the days go by.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    they are so cute!!! thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop