Pics of Romeo, Fanning, -- look Mr Burt!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by TerriLaChicks, Dec 2, 2011.

1. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Hey Mr Burt -- Your boy is doing you proud! (D'artagnan is equally as beautiful but we haven't been able to capture him on film yet)
    The lighting wasn't great because the sun was going down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Oh I just love his markings! I love how he has that blue on the sides and the white down the center of his train. He is stunning![​IMG]

3. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    I agree, very very nice. I am buying my first pied peacock tomorrow. Found a guy selling 2 year old pairs very reasonable. so im getting another pair of whites too! lol. [​IMG]

4. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    [​IMG] WOW

Terri you have done great with them.....I knew By his chick markings he would have the white in the center of his train. I ready like how his chest is almost all white [​IMG].

When i raised indian fantail pigeon , i raised one with all white body with lace color tail. He won many shows. Would like to see that in a peacock, thats is one near....that, i ever hatched.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  5. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Looking at the picture again, it looks like his tail (the feathers that hold up the train) is all white! Is his tail all white? It will be great to see him as a three year old.

6. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Quote:I honestly don't know if his tail is all white -- I'll have to look at it closer & let you know Minx -- he is going to be quite the handsome boy when he gets his full growth! he's not even 2 years old yet. Nor is D'artagnan, my Buford Bronze from Deerman -- D'art has a lot of eyes developing -- will try to get some pics of him fanning.

These were blurry because they were on Jim's cell phone -- but at least he got some of the nuance of the colors developing!

Thank you all for the compiments on these very fine birds. They are my pride & joy. I look forward to next year & seeing what chicks they hatch from Vishnu & White Spot -- my IB split white girls. Ought to be interesting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by