PICS of SOME of MY NEW PEACHICKS

deerman

Rest in Peace 1949-2012
11 Years
Aug 24, 2008
Southern Ohio
1ST pic center chick bronze or a split bronze chick, also split BS. two darker chicks are splading 50% hope split charcoal'
2nd pic peach pied good odds white eye. chick in front spalding

peachicks004.jpg

peachicks.jpg

Those are wonderful- I can't wait for mine!!

3 are under Coronation and Light Sussex broodies, 1 each, and 3 are in the r-com 20. I'm chomping at the bit!

Quote:
No- I've not had my torch with me when out at my breeding facility (on another farm) so I'm doing it tonight. I've been sniffing them, though!!
lau.gif

I've already put my flashlight in my purse! Soooooo forgetful.

Well, phooey.
barnie.gif

hit.gif
I just candled, and it looks like I have one peachick that may make it. 2 didn't begin to develop, 2 were quitters, and 1 is hard to tell- could be still going, but could be a goner. If the one makes it, it may have trouble hatching, because the membrane is only about 45% attached- there are distinct lines indicating the multiple drops from different angles the box went through on its way here.

If I get one bird, it needs to be a pullet!! I'm stunned given the stellar packing job, but this is the kind of detachment you can tell was shipping abuse.
rant.gif

CC that stinks....I have over 30 that are due tomorrow pipping right now.... some from those same pens. sure hope you get a hatch.

More on the way... this one silver pied split peach...still hope for a silver pied peach peacock. odds good this one is a peacock looking to dark for peach..

Will hatch over a hundred, but these first ones ,make me feel like the first time i started hatching peafowl......

peachicks005.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom