Pics of Some of My Peachicks *PIC HEAVY*

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by coloradopeafowl, Aug 1, 2010.

1. coloradopeafowl

coloradopeafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Lakewood, CO
    Heres a couple white peachicks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres some pieds, the one on the right is india blue pied and the left one is spalding pied.
    [​IMG]

Here is two peachicks that I'm not quite sure what color they are most likely jade spaldings.
    [​IMG]

Heres a india blue white eyed split pied.
    [​IMG]

Heres my favorite little guy, he's a pure java green(muticus-muticus) FULL OF PERSONALITY!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last here are some spalding chicks.
    [​IMG]

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    beautiful birds [​IMG]

3. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    They are so cute!

4. ChickenHwk

ChickenHwk Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    Rayland, Ohio
    I love the pics. I just got some baby peacocks myself. 2 are white and 2 are indian blue. I really love the Java green peacocks, If you have any pics of the adult birds I would love to see them.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    They're adorable! I love our young peachicks. They do seem to be full of personality and quite timid.

6. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Quote:Timid?! I can't do anything in the brooder for having to push peachicks away from my business! [​IMG] They follow my hands and grab at anything I touch and if I don't reach in fast enough after opening it, they're flapping and falling over themselves to get onto my shoulders!

To the OP, those are some adorable chicks! So many of them, too!

7. Carpe DiHen

Carpe DiHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    El Dorado County, CA
    [​IMG] Oh my gosh this is my first trip over to the peafowl side from the chicken side. WOW those are cute! Looked at some other threads and peafowl go through HUGE awkward growth spurt compared to chickens.

...guess they don't make a good backyard pet...darn.....[​IMG]

I happen to love the cry of a peacock....and yes I have lived near them.

Wow those chicks are so pretty... [​IMG]

Great...now I'm addicted to the peafowl forum too...[​IMG]

8. coloradopeafowl

coloradopeafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Lakewood, CO
    Thanks everyone [​IMG], they are a lot of fun. I don't know what it is about java green peachicks but everyone i have raised have the funniest personalities, while all the other peachicks strut to eachother, the javas come running up to me and drop their wings and show off like there is nobody else around. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Carpe DiHen

Carpe DiHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    El Dorado County, CA
    Oh my gosh coloradopeafowl, we just went to your website.... I don't usually have the sound turned on my computer but today I did. [​IMG] You sent the cat under the woodstove, made the shepherd bark, the poodle cock his head like I've never seen him do, another cat disapeared. That was shocking and beautiful sound wav! Really caught us by surprise, loved it! [​IMG]

Beautiful birds too!

10. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    What cute peachicks. Don't you just love the "look" they can give when taking their picture? Like they're checking out the camera. I have 3 little peachicks that hatched this week from my own 2year old birds I raised from chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by