Pics of Spitzhauben chicks?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by TennesseeTruly, Apr 1, 2009.

1. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Does anyone have any good pics of Spitzhauben chicks? A BYC member has a beautiful Spitzhauben hen that I fell in love with. (I can't remember for the life of me who she is now)

Anyway, I was at TSC today and they had these little spotted chicks that were just so striking! Of course no one there knows anything about anything so they didn't know what breed they were.

I was just on Feathersite and although the chick that they show is similiar, its not a very good picture so I thought I would come here and see if someone has a good picture of a young Spitzhauben chick.

I just think they're stunning!

Thanks in advance!

Laurie

2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Im sure someone has pics..
    Did you buy the chicks?

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Who me? LOL

Here's the pic of the chicks. Most hatchery would not include Spitz pullets(except for roos) in farm or feed stores. They could be Silver Spangled Hamburgs with rose combs. The Spitz chicks have a little tuff on their heads and V combs.

[​IMG]

4. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Nope, they didn't look like those. Thank you so much!

If I order more eggs or chicks, my husband is .... well he'll puff up for a while. LOL

Today I asked if he checked out the chicks in TSC and he said no because he would have come home with more. LOL He's as addicted as I am!!

I think I may just order some Spitzhauben eggs or maybe chicks. Oh man, I got it bad! LOL

Laurie

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    You can order thru Ideal hatchery and hatching eggs as well. OK Carla and Julie Gabbard has them.

My older Spitz with pink bands are from Ideal hatchery however I kept like 3 Spitz girls because of their correct head tuffs. I cull HARD and you would get maybe one or two out of the bunch that are acceptable.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  6. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    i luv ur singniture sounds wiccan or pagan [​IMG]

7. onagadori

onagadori Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 17, 2010
    North Texas
    [​IMG]