Pics of the babies and the new brooder

schmoo

Songster
12 Years
May 7, 2007
West MI.
This is our newest brooder we had to put together after the chicks started to fly out of the old smaller one and basically outgrew it. It is in the coop they will soon reside in. They are still babies though at 15 days old. So I figured the whole room open would be too cold at night. It is supposed to go down to 40 or 50 degrees at night this weekend. Brrrrr when your tiny.........
It was unexpectedly HOT today at 85 degrees (not normal for MI) so their warming light is off until tonite. I tried to let them go outside in the mini-run, but they were to scared.
lol.png

The one at the front nearest the door is named chicken hawk. I am willing to bet he is a roo. He is the leader so far. Nosey and friendly but bossy to the others. Anyways I've been sayin I'd post pics so here they are. They are enjoying a treat of ground up boiled eggs and grit mixed. They were SO excited!!! They like the warm weather thats for sure!

b1adc5f2.jpg

9bcf8ec8.jpg

fe77e459.jpg

Cute babies! Mine love the egg yolk too--I just let my sons feed them some by hand and they were giggling nonstop at the fluffy feeding frenzy. Your bigger brooder looks really nice!

Back
Top Bottom