PICS of the Chickens, Ducks, Geese

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ThreeBoysChicks, Aug 1, 2008.

1. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Was out taking pictures today, thought I would share the currently flock.

Current Silkies and Friends - White Cochin Bantam Rooster, White Silkie Rooster, Self Blue Cochin Bantam Hen, Black, Blue and Buff Silkie Hens.
    [​IMG]

Current Standard Flock
    [​IMG]

Current Geese and Ducks - 2 Sebastopol, 2 Ideal Hatcheries choice (Sex and Breed unknown), Khaki Campbell, Cayuga, MagPie, Muscovey Ducks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Currently in the Brooder - 5 Guineas, 2 Bantam Cochins, 2 Blue Ameracauna, 2 Silkies and 3 Mutt chicks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didn't want to leave out the 2 broodies hard at work. One is on 6 eggs and one is on 7 eggs. Buff Orpingtons from HINKJC and White Leghorns from BishopsChickens. The Black Jersey Giant is in the main Chicken House and the Wheaten Ameracauna lives int he barn.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Pretty ladies!

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Very nice. I love the Silkies.

Do your chickens use that wooden pallet a lot?

Looks like you need a bigger pool for the ducks! [​IMG]

4. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Love the pictures [​IMG]

That self blue cochin is gorgeous! So are the silkies and geese. Thanks for sharing!

5. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Thanks for sharing. I love the ducks especially!

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG] Love the ducks and geese [​IMG]

7. ThreeBoysChicks

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Quote:The wooden pallet is more to create some shade area for them, however, some of the 3 month old pullets do like to climb on it. Fortunately no one has decided to roost on it. Everyone goes in the chicken house at night.

Bigger pool, YES. Believe it or not, I had just cleaned and refilled their Sandbox / Pool about 2 hours before the picture. I have purchased a 100 gallon stock tank that I plan to fill for them to use also. I am not sure how I will keep clean though. Still working on that. I also think I am going to get them another kiddy pool to use.

8. ThreeBoysChicks

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Quote:Everyone needs to have some ducks and geese. I love them and they are so fun to watch. They are messy, but well worth the effort.

9. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL those goslings are at such a gawky age! Way cute! Thank you for showing us your family! Great lookers too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by