Pics of the chicks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by skatcatla, Jul 24, 2007.

1. skatcatla

skatcatla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    Hey that rhymes! Sorry about the lousy photos..we were too busy getting them settled to get some really good close ups yet, but tomorrow I'll take some better ones in natural light. They are soo cute! Settled right into their brooder and have been eating and drinking away. They are very curious and have explored every new thing I put in there. Since taking this photo, I put a couple of bricks in there (I was trying to put a roost in there for them) but they seem to like hopping on the bricks. :) I've checked all their little heinies to make sure they are clear. How often do I need to check them? Is twice a day enough? Or more often?

I'm also a bit concerned about one of the little girls (a barred rock?) as she seems to be sleeping quite a bit. Is this normal at this age? She does get up and move around, but then settles down and flops over again for a long while.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CutestChickenFarmer

CutestChickenFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    Delaware
    Hello, and congrats on your babies!

Susan

3. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    They're adorable! And look quite happy. They're so fun when they're in that fluffball stage. haha.

As for the sleeping, they're alot like human babies, at this point sleeping alot is perfectly fine, you might just have a lazy bum on your hands. [​IMG] Just watch for any other signs of sickness, other than that, she feels right at home!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by