Pics of the Flock enjoying a short week of warm weather :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SilverFire5467, Mar 31, 2012.

1. SilverFire5467

SilverFire5467 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2011
    CT
    Hello everyone! These are just some pictures of the flock I have left after this winter, enjoying the spring weather and soft dirt!

Due to a sudden and very serious snow storm that hit us in october on holloween, I lost half my flock. It happened late afternoon, the storm grew faster than I had thought, and by the time I got outside to help the birds into the coop, a pack of cyotes had come through the yard and picked off five birds while they were in shock from the weather. I let my birds free range with no fencing, and while I agree a fence should be placed, at the moment, I am simply unable to do so. Generally, I never loose birds like this, but it happens. Anyways I am very thankful for the four hens and one roo that I have left :) Currently I have 20 eggs in an incubator, hopeing for new chicks to add to the flock once they grow old enough.

I love watching my birds dig in the dirt and fluff up their feathers!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Sorry to hear about the coyote attack last fall, but the chickens look to be enjoying the first signs of spring. Good luck with growing your flock.

3. SilverFire5467

Aug 2, 2011
    CT
    Thankyou! :)

4. Kori

Kori Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2012
    Copperas Cove,Texas
    thats a GORGEOUS rooster!!!!!!!

5. SilverFire5467

Aug 2, 2011
    CT
    I know!!! Im so happy with how he turned out, im in love with his coloring.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by