Pics of the Girls

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Heidi, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Since everyone likes looking at pics thought I would post a few. Personally I never get tired of looking at other peoples pics. [​IMG]

My 2 barred rocks
    [​IMG]

Buff Orp. & Black Austrolorp
    [​IMG]

Girls hard at work!
    [​IMG]

2. karmical

karmical Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2007
    Honeoye Falls, NY
    WOW!!! Look at those RED RED combs and wattles!! Are those all hens??! My BR and BOs are just 11 weeks old and theirs are still just little yellowish pink things.

BEAUTIFUL birds you have there!

3. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    The more pics I see of Barred rocks the more I really want one they are very good looking birds.
    I also love looking at people's pics, I am still new to being owned by chickens so seeing all these other breeds is really cool.
    You have some really nice looking girls - what are the breeds of the white ones in the far background? they look like they have feather feet ? are they a brahma breed I have 5 light brahmas but mine have black on them like I said I am new to all these breeds LOL

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  4. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    The EE in the top left nest box...what color eggs does she lay? She looks just like my Hottie and Sweet Cheeks.

My BR and BOs are just 11 weeks old and theirs are still just little yellowish pink things.

Hens have large, red combs and wattles. Yours don't because they're babies.​

5. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Yes, they are all hens. The white pullets are white cochins. I do have one roo and he's also a white cochin, but not in any of these pics. The barred rocks are really good layers too! The EE in the nesting box lays bluish green. I do have one EE that's laying really nice blue double yokers, but I don't know which one - can't ever catch her in a box.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  6. karmical

karmical Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2007
    Honeoye Falls, NY
    I didn't think the hens' got THAT big and red! How exciting! I thought that was a rooster thing. Maybe it's just that the boys' turn big and red BEFORE the girls? I don't have a rooster to compare the girls to. And am, obviously, new to chicken raising....love learning all this stuff about them as I go though....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by