Pics of the horses

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Haviris, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Just wanted to post pics of the horses, said I might in the 'anyone else w/ horses?' thread, but didn't get out for new photos like I'd planned.
    First the minis, I'm hoping to down size, not sure yet but would like to get down to only Skip, doesn't mean I'll sell them all, my mom would like to keep one or two so we'll see,
    Fist Skip (I for sure need new pics of him),
    [​IMG]
    Chrystal, just before trimming her tail for the third time this year,
    [​IMG]
    Money,
    [​IMG]
    Ruby,
    [​IMG]
    And Cash,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My project pony Genie, only half mine since I got her w/ my sister and brother in law, the plan is to sell her after some training, but we'll see!
    [​IMG]

And these two are not mine, but I do still sometimes think of them as 'our' horses (especially Magic since he WAS mine for 6 years).
    Wizard is the newest member, and he belongs to my sister, this pic was taken the day after we brought him home, the white stuff is for a major sunburn he had, (it's pretty much cleared up now, just waiting for the hair to grow back),
    [​IMG]
    And Magic belongs to my brother in law,
    [​IMG]

And finally the most awsome horse in the World (and yes, I'm very biased), Gypsy!
    [​IMG]

My dad may be adding another to the family shortly, he's got a few prospects he's talking about looking at.

What's really sad? Up til a few years ago we (me and my mom) had around 12 horses, and I was the only one w/ any interest. Many of these had been in the family forever, but everyone else lost interest and was happy to leave them for mom and me to take care of, we kept them longer then we should have and we just couldn't take care of all of them, made it very clear that we were going to have to down size (meaning if anyone wanted them, we'd gladly let them take over), no one spoke up, and we ended up having to give most of them up. It was very hard, letting them go was like losing members of the family, we'd had one for 16 years! NOW they are suddenly interested, and I love Wizard and I'm sure I'll love my dad's new horse if he gets one, but it would have been nice if they'd done this sooner and we wouldn't have had to give so many up. My dad made some comments about 'if he'd have known we were going to do that' and I've made sure to point out I gave him MANY chances to take some in, he's admitting it now that he had his chance, but still acts like it was so sudden! My sister also acts like we blind sided her (my mom's not very happy about her getting another horse), but I don't know how much clearer we could have been, I think they truely believed that we'd just go on caring for them all til they died of old age (and if we could have we probably would have).

2. Anguissette

Anguissette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Eastern NC
    Oh! My daughter so needs Chrystal!!

They are all gorgeous!

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Your paints are just.. WOW! I looove Overo's, those blue eyes are mesmorizing! And the Mini's are cuter then buttons!

4. Haviris

Sep 4, 2007
    Thank you! We love them! Chrystal is adorable, but she isn't very friendly, she's really easy to handle once she's caught, but she just tolerates it. Right now we're dealing w/ a pretty bad cut on her leg, so she's not to happy w/ me right now.

I'm also a big overo fan (probably could tell that), and I guess I've got them all converted to Paints! One of the horses my dad is talking about seeing is a sorrel overo.

5. br64

br64 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2010
    Oh my gosh Ruby is adorable. We have two minis " Handy" and " Chipmonk". Is Gypsy a dun? it's kind of hard to tell with the sunlight shining on her like that.

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    We have 13 horses. Will get pictures up ...
    Your horses are ... [​IMG]

7. Haviris

Sep 4, 2007
    Thank you! Gypsy is a grulla, so yes technically she is a dun!

Ruby is Chrystal's foal, she's a silver bay!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  8. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

ADORABLE minis, and I'm a paint horse nut too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by