1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics of Tiny Serama Chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by skeeter9, Dec 23, 2007.

1. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Here are a few pics of my one little Serama chick. He/she is 3 days old.

Serama chick 3 days old
    [​IMG]

Trying to hide under 4 week old Cuckoo Marans
    [​IMG]

Size comparison: 3 day old Serama vs. 4 week old Cuckoo Marans
    [​IMG]

2. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    How Cute!!! I have a feeling he is going to be spoiled rotten [​IMG]

3. skeeter9

He/she is already very spoiled. I'm off for the next 2 weeks, so he'll probably be a little monster by the time I go back to school - thinks he has to be with us all the time as it is!!!

How are yours doing?

4. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Our hens are laying up a storm about 18 a week :O) Have hatched out over 60 babies and all are doing great.. Be glad when the weather changes running out of room in the avairy [​IMG] HAHA.. got some awful cute colorful chicks though.. the chocolates are really turning out kinda weird looking all mottled... Have about 6 or 7 that could be twins to yours [​IMG]

5. skeeter9

So, are you getting good type as well as color? I'm sure it's the same as with any other breed - you hatch 500 chicks to get a few that are "show quality".

6. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    So far most come out small, 15% are going to be c's and about 10% are going to be A's the rest will be B's.. most have the really good wing carriage and nice chests, some seem to be longer legged and backed than what you want, but those are mostly the C's.. I would say a good 30 to 40 % could be show quality, will know in a couple more months [​IMG].

7. skeeter9

That sounds great, Denna! You need to post some pics!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by