Pics of turkeys. How old do you think they are?

freshegg

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
greenfield,ma
I got these white turkeys yesterday. he says one week old I didnt think they would be this big. they were standing on feeder today and flying off it, do you know if they do that at a week old? heres pics of them in a 55 gallon fish tank. IMG]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm151/freshegg/turkeys005.jpg[/IMG]

turkeys006.jpg

Last edited:
Probably no to many people have turkeys...hey it's hard to tell the age even on a chicken! But I tell you what...I have a 5 week old turkey and he is HUGE!! I think those babies are at least close to being 1 week old.

I would guess between 2 and 3 weeks old. They are about the size of my standard bronzes that age. also the wing feathering is about the same.

I am moving this to other poultry. The forum in general is for chickens. Anything other than chickens goes into other poultry and livestock etc catagories.

he said they are heritage white turkeys. I thought they would have a more definable name but I dont know. they are trying to fly today. Thanks for the replys.

Probably a couple of weeks old. My turkeys were flying at a couple of weeks, out of the brooder. They sure love to fly! They aren't getting much distance, but they are always flapping and getting "lift off". Mine will need feathers trimmed on one side soon: I live in town and they can't be in my neighbor's yard.
You'll be surprised at how fast they grow. Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom