pics of two of my coops

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by lorihadams, Oct 12, 2009.

1. lorihadams

lorihadams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    virginia
    We finally finished the tractor for the broilers, they still aren't ready to go in it yet but they will in the next week or so. It started out as a hoop coop (thanks Becca) and then I reminded my husband that I needed a door so this is what he came up with. The hoop is done out of pvc pipe covered with a heavy duty tarp. The bottom frame is done out of 2x4s that we got for free. The triangle part is done out of 2x2s and chicken wire.

[​IMG]

The next pic is our layer coop. I finally came up with a name and painted a sign for it. What do you think?

[​IMG]

2. ksct

ksct Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    upstate, NY
    do your birds like the tractor? do you move it around? are they afraid of the tarp?

LOVE LOVE LOVE the coop name!!!

3. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Cute!!! Great job!

4. ChookHappy

ChookHappy Dances with Chickens

Oct 12, 2009
    Petaluma, Ca
    Hey that's a cool tractor! Do you have chicken wire in the back as well?

5. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    [​IMG] great lookin coops love the name!

6. Maryallison

Maryallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    neat tractor! Looks not that hard to do (especially since I see it) Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Great work! [​IMG] I think your coop name is priceless!! [​IMG]

8. lorihadams

lorihadams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    virginia
    Thanks everyone, I am concerned with the tarp, I want to put chicken wire on the rear as well. Hubby just didn't think about it. I haven't put the broilers in it yet, our temps dropped 20 degrees overnight and they are still under the heat lamp in the brooder because they are not completely feathered out yet. They are starting to stink (our brooder is on our front porch) so I may see if I can run an extention cord to the tractor and go ahead and put them in. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by