1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics of what Buff Orpington/Giant Blue Cochin cross would look like?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by redfeather, Feb 19, 2011.

1. redfeather

redfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    Does anyone have any pics of such a cross? I am going to be getting a bunch of Blue Cochins, and since I have a BO roo, I was just wondering how that would end up if I hatched some eggs.

Pics of chicks and adult birds please!

2. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    these are lav orp x black cochin
    [​IMG]

3. redfeather

Oct 28, 2010
    Cute... Kinda looking for a buff x blue though, I really want to know what the coloring would come out like!

4. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I have some here i will take some photos and post them , i think they are very pretty ,The roos top half is chocolate and the bottom is blue

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  5. redfeather

Oct 28, 2010
    Wow, sounds really pretty! I can't wait to see him and the hens! [​IMG]

6. RedReiner

RedReiner Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Monroe, Wa
    splash orp over buff, both chicks. one is rusty blue color and the other is buff but has blue shading underneath. if you go to the post pics of orpingtons here thread there are more pics of blue over buff adults there

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. redfeather

Oct 28, 2010
    Aww, those chicks are really cute. The brownish one looks just like (in color) my dark EE chick does right now. Maybe she'll be blue-ish. I bet mixes between her and my BO roo would be interesting too, and olive eggers to boot!

8. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I here is one of my roo's,sorry about the bad photo, weather wasn't helping yesterday.
    He is 8 months old.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  9. redfeather

Oct 28, 2010
    That's a great picture! No apology required.

Wow he's gorgeouse! I am really egg-cited to see what my BO roo will do with my blue hens now!!!

10. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    your mixed birds may look nothing like these posted. that's the funny thing about genes. although the buff orps probably all have the same buff colored genes, there are alot of different ways to get buff and that said, your blue could have other modifiers that totally change what colors you get.
    you'll just have to wait and see what you get, then you will know what your birds carry for hidden colors. one thing you can count on is feathered feet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by