Pics on page 2... The Wellies are coming!! The Wellies are coming!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wegotchickens, May 21, 2008.

1. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    My Welsummers are hatching, right on schedule!!

I have a baby already out and at least one more that's pipped. It's hard to tell with those dark shells.

I'm sitting on me hands now [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I was just checking to see if you were sitting on those hands!!....LOL.... Hope you have a great hatch!!.... [​IMG]

3. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I'm catching up on BYC posts to avoid being where I can hear that irresistable 'chirp chirp chirp'! [​IMG]
    It's not easy...

Out of 14 eggs I have 10 left that showed development when I candled.
    I also have some silkies in there, but don't see pips on those yet.
    I had millies, but most of them failed on me. I had 3 that looded promising but I'm not sure of them now [​IMG]

4. Serendipity

Serendipity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Maryland
    Oh I am so jealous!!! Congratulations!! Post Pictures! Post pictures! [​IMG] I just tossed a whole incubator full of Welsummers that didn't develop. [​IMG] I have another batch in the bator and another dozen waiting to go into a second incubator tomorrow. I can't wait. I have been waiting for over a month to have little Welsummer chicks! [​IMG] Please post photos for those of us that are drooling with envy! ~ Good luck on your hatch... I hope that they all come out early and healthy! [​IMG]

5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Awwwwww!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

6. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Isn't it hard giving up and tossing the yolkers? Luckily my youngest DD was helping me write down candling records and encouraged me to be ruthless. If it glowed through on day 15 she was ready to toss it!

I'll get some pics soon. Hate to open the bator but the glow will ruin any pics. So I'll sit on my hands for a bit longer before I left the lid. I have 2 pips now, for sure!! And the early bird is walking all over the other eggs and chirping at them.

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    [​IMG] I'm so excited! [​IMG]
    Dh got the brooder all set up. Now we just need a friend to hatch for our first little girl. I can see beak action now in one egg's hole. Going back downstairs to pipe in more water.

By the time these hatch I should have stronger legs! Up and down the stairs over and over and over again [​IMG]

9. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Yahooooo!!!!! [​IMG] Congratulations!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!

It's good exercise having your bator in the basement. BYC exercise plan.[​IMG]

OK, can't wait for new updates! [​IMG]

10. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Sounds like U got a ballgame going on! [​IMG] I'll cheer for the water boy, I mean girl!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by