Pics on page 2... The Wellies are coming!! The Wellies are coming!!

The chicks actually walked around Callie a little at first, but the pics were all blurred as I raced to get the camera on it all. She settled away from the light and they piled up under the light.

The other cat is Jezebel. She's about 8 years old, Callie is just 2 years old.

No pips on the Silkies. I candled, and I think some quit on me. Ac ouple moved, but looked small. Maybe they are just late bloomers? The silkies, millies and wellies were all put in there at the same time, but only the wellies are coming out to play
hmm.png

Brave little chicks. That is sooo funny! so Callie just likes to watch them, huh. Is she licking her lips waiting for you to go upstairs?
lol.png

I hope the silkies are just late. I remember that they were wiggling really good for you not to long ago. I know it's hard to see movement when they are due and filling up the whole shell from their growth, so don't give up.

Come on Millies & Silkies!
jumpy.gif

Callie has never hurt a baby, but she's never been unsupervised with them, either. She nuzzles into their fluff and has been known to tug on the fluff a tad. Chicks don't like that. It's funny to watch Callie because as she huffs baby-essence she has her mouth partway open as if she's savoring the flavor as well as the aroma. Reminds me of coffee drinkers or cigar-smokers who walk into a specialty shop
lau.gif

Jezebal doesn't hurt them, but usually hisses and runs. It's just more competition for Mom's affections. Jez likes them when they get older so she can charge into their midst in the yard and watch them scatter. We call this 'bowling for chickens'.
The big girls don't bowl so well any more. They just stand there and stare at her.

Neighbor's dog is whining through the window at me. He wants me to come out and play. But the kids want dinner. Guess the kids win, since their whining is more annoying than the dog's
gig.gif
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom