PICS! One BIG Happy Family Now!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by FunnyBunnies12, Nov 3, 2010.

1. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Songster

I'm very happy to say the 3wk olds and the 1wk old ducklings are now one big happy family of brothers and sisters, I'm so happy [​IMG] but looking to be mostly brothers! I'm having such a hard time sexing them, the big yellow one it's voice is starting to change. I need to watch Metzer's Farm sexing video again.

I had some zip ties on them and they weren't lose but they weren't tight, but they are gone! I just hope no one ingested them [​IMG]

But here is the one big happy ducky family!

[​IMG]

This one is a bit blurry but OMG so cute and classic, got 3 babies with their legs all stretched out.

[​IMG]

2. Sooooooooooo Cuuuuuuute [​IMG]
    Im so happy for you all, they are a cute bunch, great photos.

3. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Songster

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Awww! That second photo is funny.

4. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Songster

I never get bored seeing that pose of the legs stretched out behind them, that is the cutest thing! I love all my ducklings the 7 have really imprinted themselves on me, they cry for me and want me I will take all 7 into my arms and lay them on my lap/chest with my arms around them and they all just fall a sleep in my arms. That is my destresser at the end of the day.

5. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

I bet your anxiety is all way down now, since you don't have to worry about hatching, getting the temp and humidity right etc. I also love it when they are laying flat on their belly with their feet stretched out behind them. They will not do it once they are older so enjoy it while they are still doing it. I'm glad you were able to merge them now, because it will be harder once they are older. Are they still getting their daily swim? Mine were waiting for it each morning. They loved to be put into a 5 gallon bucket to be carried over to the bathtub for swimming fun, and then find a clean brooder afterwards. Today 4 out of my 8 girls are laying. There eggs are wonderful. Baked an apple cake and the dough was so soft and moist. Never had the dough that good with chicken eggs. No turning back for me, love duck eggs. A relative of mine is staying that I'm still eating my pets. Quite funny.

6. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Songster

Yeah, my anxiety is way down because of the worry about the little fuzz butts, plus with dh home that has helped! But now it's keeping up with the constant mess of poop and water all over the plus in spite of a cookie sheet, I'm finding something deeper so that it lessons the mess. LOL, you weren't kidding! They've been in the living room, but because of the constant mess, thinking of moving them to the basement, but I just love waking up to them greeting me. Wee wee pads just aren't cutting it and laundry is none stop with towels down as well. [​IMG] But they are so worth it! But I haven't given them to much swim time, been busy and here and there with dh home and some personal extended family issues we are helping out with.

7. quiltbea

quiltbea In the Brooder

Nov 24, 2009
    Southwestern Maine
    How adorable. Great picture.

8. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

There was my dose of "AWWWW" today thanks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by