*Pics pg 13-Hatch complete-QUESTION*-Day 22-Is third time the charm?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Farmer Kitty, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Today is day 18 again. I've gotten the eggs set up for hatching. I candled them and of the 10 I'm sure all 10 are still going. About half were completely full except for the air cell and the other half were close.

Here's hoping some hatch this time around! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  2. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    You and I are on the same day... I'm keeping everything crossed for both of us!!!!!!!

I have Ameracauna's and Welsummers in the hatcher now, and am pacing already!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    A hatching buddy! I've been pacing for a few days already! After having two failed hatches, I'm really nervous over these.

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am sending super good hatching vibes your way!! Come babies. Do your thing! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Mycookoonest

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    I'll have to remind you to sit on your hands LOL! You can do the same for me!

How many eggs do you have in there?

Duh just looked up! LOL! 10 and I have 11!!! WOOOHOOO come on babies!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  6. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Thanks Miss P!

Mycookoonest -I'm thinking duck tape! But do I use it on the bator or on my hands? [​IMG]

7. Mycookoonest

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    Ok so how are we doing now??? Should I overnight a roll of duct tape to you? LOL! I just checked my bator and the eggs are nestled in their carton, and sitting at 100 degrees...

8. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I just checked my bator and everything looks good.

Today I made 18 pints of strawberry jam. Not sure what job I will tackle tomorrow to keep me busy. There are enough things to do! Even grocery shopping-[​IMG]

9. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Yay for day 18! I just candled and put mine in cartons too. 7 that had definate movement and 5 that may have died in the last couple of days:(. I have 12 others that have been pretty hard to see through so I have just left them.

I'm just gonna pretend that the 5 that quit moving are just saving up energy to pip...

Here's [​IMG]

Good luck to all![​IMG]

10. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Today is day 19. So far everything is looking good. This waiting is murder though! [​IMG]

Today, I went grocery and farm supply shopping so I couldn't hang over the bator! [​IMG] Hit a couple of garage sales too but, nothing exciting in them. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by