1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

([email protected] #1)Starting a dozen eggs Sunday, Oct 2...any joiners?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Lesalynn, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Lesalynn

Lesalynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Darnell, Louisiana
    Gonna have at least a dozen eggs going in on Sunday. So far I have 8 bearded splash Silkie, 3 of my EE's, and 1 brown leghorn mix. Hopefully my 3 laying EE's will add a few more by then. UPDATE: Five chics have hatched so far! All three EEs and two Silkies. Here's a couple pics of the Silkies (fourth try and finally got a couple to hatch!!!) One is a real light silver, the other just a little darker with some golden-brown mixed in. They are just so beautiful!!!! Thank you so much, sneakers!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  2. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I will be setting my paint silkie eggs on sunday night or monday morning. [​IMG]

3. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    I wasn't going to hatch any more eggs untill spring but you silkie fanatics have corrupted me [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I ended up winning a BYC Auction for a dozen silkie eggs that will be delivered today [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I am blaming all of you [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Lesalynn

Jul 25, 2009
    Darnell, Louisiana
    That's wonderful!
    [​IMG]

5. Lesalynn

Jul 25, 2009
    Darnell, Louisiana
    Well, as of 5 pm yesterday, I have 13 eggs in my bator... 8 splash Silkies, 4 EEs, and 1 Brown Leghorn mix (3/4 BL, 1/4 Columbian Wyandotte). Hoping my other EE lays today, and I can add another of hers. Temp holding at an even 100, and humidity at 40-45.

6. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    Quote:I'm sooo jealous! I candles my 8 silkie eggs yesterday and looks like I[​IMG] have only 3 that are viable.

7. spowell

spowell Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    I set 14 White Showgirl Eggs on Saturday the 1st. [​IMG] I also have 2 dozen eggs I set at the same time for my friend. AND, I have 15 Buff Laced Polish that came today and will go in tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great hatch [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. misslady

misslady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    The Great Lakes.
    I set 6 Blue Splash Marans, and 4 Black Copper Marans eggs on the 30th! My first time incubating! May I join? [​IMG]

9. Lesalynn

Jul 25, 2009
    Darnell, Louisiana
    Why of course you can join misslady!! I'd be happy for the company!

10. misslady

misslady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    The Great Lakes.
    Quote:Oh good! I'm totally new to this, and I am in a mild panic because my best looking Blue Splash egg has a hairline crack in it! [​IMG] You can't see it unless you candle it, but I am wondering if I should keep it and try to fix it or if I should just pitch it.... Anyone have any advice?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by