*Pics*Quacking/Whistle FW runner Boy/girl 8weeks old?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jjrabbit2, May 19, 2010.

1. jjrabbit2

jjrabbit2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Kuna Id
    So I keep hereing this whistle! I noticed it was my runner. Does this mean its a boy? Please say no I was so hopeing for it to be a duck! [​IMG] I thought it would be quacking by now. My khaki and rouen are quaking LOUD! Have been for awhile. Also no curl in the tail yet or even a slight one

Aflac!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    I would say it is a drake then. [​IMG]

My female was quacking her head off at 8 weeks old, just like you said your others are. My male just made hissing, whistling, raspy noises.

3. jjrabbit2

Mar 24, 2009
    Kuna Id
    Bump! any body else! I herd Aflac whistle again today... Do FW Indian runner Drakes have darker colored heads?

4. thedoors5to1

thedoors5to1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    i dont think the color head has anything to do with the sex of the bird. ive had females and males both with lighter or darker feather coloring.. just genetics and diet.

5. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    holy crow! your runner is huge! i have a 7 week old one and it is not nearly that size! lol

6. jjrabbit2

Mar 24, 2009
    Kuna Id
    Quote:LOL! That probly means its a drake too! he he he Oh well I still love him just the same Its the sweetest! My favorite!

7. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    if you dont mind me asking... how did you make him so sweet? i have a runner and its very skittish. ive had him since a day old but he freaks when i go to pick him up but once i have him he is a MUSH lol. just need to get over the scaredness of hands!

8. jjrabbit2

Mar 24, 2009
    Kuna Id
    When they were little I would feed them there feed from my hand everytime I went to them(I also call Duck Duck Duck) He is always the first to greet me for treats... But I sit with him and I dont hold him just put my hand in front of his chest and he just kicks it. Just spend alot of time with them. Im a house wife with disability and cant work. They are my JOB! along with the kids and other animals and of course my DH!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by