Pics . Rooster who is for the chop!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by avroncotton, Aug 15, 2007.

1. avroncotton

avroncotton Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    Victoria Australia
    The first is six months ago and the second was taken today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He was a very cute chick and he is a very fine looking rooster, but cest la vie!

Tony Australia

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awww, he is beautifull! Why is he destined to the pot?

3. avroncotton

Mar 19, 2007
    Victoria Australia
  4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Well, you got the before and during pictures... don't forget the afters! [​IMG]

5. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    buggar me! thats an awesome looking roo...DONT EAT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

6. mommahento5

mommahento5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2007
    South East Indiana
    What kind of roo is he? I have a mystery roo that looks nearly identical to your boy, and can't figure out what he is??

7. avroncotton

Mar 19, 2007
    Victoria Australia
    I don't know what breed he is; definatly a cross. Unfortunatley, he wakes up our kids at 4:15am and the neighbour's bedroom is only a stones throw away. I don't really want to eat him but the only offers that I have off people to take him will only do the same, so I would rather it was me. There is also another rooster in the flock. I hatched three eggs six months ago and I always said that if any were roos I would eat them. What I didn't count on was them being so beautiful!

Here are the other two:

[​IMG]

8. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    they really are fabulous looking birds. What we need to do i think is set up local BYC chapters in various parts of the country so that rehoming extra birds is easier. Perhaps a buy/sell/trade/rehome section which is "zone" specific. Just a thought.

9. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    It would be great to have a way to re-home extra roos. I have some beautiful EE roolets which I'm not looking forward to putting in the pot when the time comes.

Beautiful birds avroncotton! Too bad we can't keep'em all.

10. mommahento5

mommahento5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2007
    South East Indiana
    I agree...the roos are so beautiful that I hate to think about doing them in, but like you said, you knew this was a possibility. If only they all were as stinky and boring as the cornish x's, I would have no problem!! LOL! Thanks for the info as to what breed he is....I suspected he was a "mut", but he sure is pretty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by