Pics Seeping Weeping Oozing Eggs, Candle and EGGTOPSY ~ Add yours too!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Thought I would share, since I couldnt find many pics on this! ... hope it helps someone! these were shipped silkies, btw NONE of these smelled bad in the bator, I broke in a closed ziplock!

SHIPPED EGGS with Air Cells detatched and moving end to end apon arival....

First pic shows one tiny sappy spot day 3 on middle egg on the right,

[​IMG]

candle just showed bubbly blob in next pic,

[​IMG]

3rd pic is eggtopsy just looks all scrambled,
    [​IMG]

the last pic is a another detatched cell at day 5
    if you look close you can see the seep spot on the egg shell and this one had "run" down in my bator a little.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  2. wahmommy

wahmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2010
    I did eggtopsys on some of my clears but they just looked like regular yolks except for one-a pullet egg- it just had a very small embryo in it that was about an eight of an inch and it was close to the air cell-it it also had red stripes that looked like they could have been blood vessels of some kind on the sides of the egg but it didn't have any veins. None of them smelled at all.

I have one egg that I suspect would be interesting to eggtopsy, but I'm going to wait to do it til the kids are in school. It has a blood ring with something small and dark floating around in there which might be an early embryo that died. I'm going to do that one in a plastic baggie.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  3. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    so it was kind of cooking it?

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I assume thats what they look like when they are detached and scrambled by mail service [​IMG] Most of my shippment is like this.

5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    pics after DAY 10 candle.... two blobs bubbles air sacks, one infertal moving thick airsackS

[​IMG]

6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Culled the rest of the eggs and they are all silkie REDS and unfertile...... here is that pic, looks like I just sent them into a fryin pan!! and they been stewin for 14 days!!

[​IMG]

7. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    oh bummer!!

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I know right, I tried to tell Mypet chicken to check their roo but she said its not their fault LOL I get that but at least say to me.... we will check into the issue, I didnt ask for a refund for petes! Just want them to aknowledge PERHAPS their is an issue right? The blues were fertile all the reds not.... oh well lesson learned no more of buy from them for me!!

9. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
  10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by