*PICS* Silkie Chicks hatching! Help with Colors!

denasfarm

Songster
11 Years
Jun 15, 2008
Sweet Home Alabama!!
This is the first year we have hatched anything other than black silkies!
So help us decide what color we have made!
25 of 35 eggs hatched so far...

Front
SANY9464.jpg

Back
SANY9466.jpg

Assorted light colored chicks...Splash???
SANY9471.jpg

SANY9467.jpg

Partridge?? Red maybe?
SANY9474.jpg

SANY9488.jpg

You have Partridge, Buff and in the third photo, the one on the left may be blue. The Color in the photo is hard to tell. If it looks Silver then it could be Splash or Light Blue. In that same photo, you may have a white one in the front.

I ordered 25 blue, Lav, buff and Grey that arrived last week (so I could have "all" the colors next year) and these dont look like the ones I purchased so they must be splash...or a different shade of whatever they are.
They are silvery/Dusty, the yellow tinted one is not solid buff either, its like the silvery ones with a dirty yellow hint.
Does splash come in yellow splash too?

In my Silkie pen I have 3 Black, 1Red, and 1White Roos. Then I have 2Black, 5White and 1Lav hens. Seems my Red roo has been a busy boy since "most" of the chicks are reddish. I only have 4 eggs left to hatch and out of thirty five so far have 5 black, 6 "splash", one funny yellow colored chick, maybe one white, and the reast are some shade of red or chipmunk.

I am pleased with the combos that have popped out! Just cant wait for them to grow their "real" colors out and shine!

Besides Black, White, Red, Partridge, Grey, Blue/Splash, Lavender, and Buff are their any other colors for Silkies?

I so want to cuddle up and have the one in the upper left corner of this photo! WAY FREEK'n CUTE!!!
love.gif

SANY9471.jpg

Back
Top Bottom