Pics to share

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bayouchica, Jul 15, 2008.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    I've been very busy around here lately.. keeping the grass mowed & garden stuff.The chickens & ducks have been enjoying the grapes back in the garden.
    [​IMG]

Another favorite,figs. [​IMG] We have 4 trees all together & the chickens usually get sick of eating them after awhile.One thing I love to see, is a young chicken tasting one for the first time,lol. A first they are scared & unsure... but just one bite & they are hooked. [​IMG] I can't walk by the figs without being mugged by the chickens
    [​IMG]

About a week ago,I let one of my older bantam hens hatch a couple of Polish chics.They are living the high life, every hen that hatches babies gets the royal treatment.They get crickets & mealworms delivered each day & they have had some figs & grapes,too. I let them spend a couple of days penned up & they get to free range after that.They just hang out by the coop & scratch around the artichokes.
    [​IMG]

My little Dovey is hatching out more babies right now. I'll post some pics,gosh knows what they will look like.
    Have a good evening,Miriam [​IMG]

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Oh My, those photos were so sweet! I love checking out your posts (photos) I'm so glad I looked before I hit the sack!

you have beautiful hens, and their diet sounds so good and healthy~ And, why not? Spoiled doesn't mean rotten, right? [​IMG]

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Your garden is beautiful and so are your girls...and it is right to spoil a "new mother" the chicks are soo cute!

4. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Well,I've got three more babies this morning.Looks like two are Polish & one mixed breed.
    I'll post some pics soon.
    Thanks,Lunachick It's so pitiful around our place with the heat & now drought.
    English Chick, our garden has more of the natural look,lol. Some places I just let the grass grow, the chickens & ducks enjoy the grass seed. [​IMG]

5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

That fat little chick is just SO CUTE! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by