Well, I decided it was getting about that time that I needed to starting getting a coop going. I really liked a design that I found in the designs page, so I decided to go with it an make a few changes. I am looking to have 1 red star, 2 RIR's, and 1 Barred Rock. My wife is trying real hard for me to let her have a silkie or two, but I may build those their own coop if I end up giving in. She has given me basically a $0 budget to construct this, so luckily I have been able to find a lot of scrap wood, and have so far only paid for the wire. This is the basic base and platform that the coop will be constructed on: At the end of day one I was basically at this point. I have the under run, run door, and chicken wire all in place. I am still in the planning stage for the full run, but I'm sure I'll find a way to fit it in. I put the chicks out for about a half an hour so that I could at least feel like I accomplished something: Finally this is a picture of the run door. It will have a lock when it is finished, and it makes getting in or cleaning the under run a lot easier (I tested it ): Hopefully I will be able to get the coop itself started later this week so that I don't have to keep carting the chicks in and out. I'll keep posting pics as I go, please let me know if you think I'm making any major boo boo's.