Pictorial of last evening's sky & my sweet birds

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Robin'sBrood, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    We had some pretty severe weather last night. As the storms clouds started moving in, I snapped these pics of the beautiful sky.
    [​IMG]

The little white spot ^ was the moon.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Just as the the rain started (mere minutes before the bottom fell out) I ran outside to see where the chickens were. They had already put themselves to bed in their dog house coop. My birds are so smart! [​IMG]

Here they are enjoying the wet grass and earthworms in their fence this morning. That poor Crepe Myrtle is so top heavy with blooms that any rain makes it droop like that. The birds LOVE to eat the flower buds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

King of the Coop... Sir Buffington, the Crowing Cockerel
    [​IMG]

2. punkin

punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Very beautiful!! Chickens and clouds, both. Glad you didn't have any damage.

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You stop teasing me right this minute with that picket fence, pink crepe myrtle and chickens!!! Stop it. Stop it. Stop it.

Great photos. [​IMG]

4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    A beautiful sky sequence! I love pictures of clouds and anything neat in the sky. Beautiful birds too! How many do you have/what kinds are they? Thank you for sharing those pictures!

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Yeah, she just stole those photos from Sunset Magazine, or National Geographic!!!

6. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    Thanks for sharing! What a beautiful run and chickens you have there!!

7. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Lovely pictures! I miss crape myrtle so much! We can't grow it here, darn it!

8. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    When I look out of my living room door's window, here is what I see (pic taken through glass) [​IMG]

And here is what I see when I look at that same door from inside my house...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ever since I started letting the chickens "free range" inside that fence every day, that area has become Sugar's favorite place in the house. She is so hoping for some REALLY fresh chicken! [​IMG]

9. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:Thank you, those pictures don't do the sky justice though. It was very, very pretty! The kind of sky that makes me thank God for His beautiful creation. [​IMG]

I have 5 chickens now but will be down to only 3 in a couple of days after I return my 2 little roos. [​IMG]

As of now I have:

1 Buff Orpington cockerel
    1 Silver Lace Wyandotte cockerel
    1 Black Australorp pullet
    2 Millie Fleur D'Uccle pullets

10. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Wow, beautiful! You must have a really good zoom. What kind of camera is it? The zoomed pic of the moon is nice! I wish mine was like that when we had the last lunar eclipse!
    I love your run, as well. Looks very comfy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by