Picture day around the yard **PIC HEAVY**

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Tomhusker, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    I thought I would catch some shots before the weather turned too bad around here. It was cool and kind of windy so the feathers were looking a bit rougher than normal.

Two of my 30 week old Barred Rocks. My first ever chickens and my favorites. I think I am their favorite fat guy too.
    [​IMG]

24 week old Lavender Orpington. He just started crowing last week, also saw him playing Romeo with one of the LO gals the other day.
    [​IMG]

One of the LavOrp gals, 24 weeks. Not sure if one of them are laying yet, but I did find a funny shaped new egg today.
    [​IMG]

These next two are of my Blue 19 week old Jersey Giant cockerel Gus. The first is a normal pic, the second is what he looks like in a good gust of wind.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my Splash Giant. Was supposed to be a gal, but I am thinking "Vinny" wasn't aware of this. Look at those big feet.
    [​IMG]

I also have 4 leftover Delawares from Cackle Hatchery. Nothing fancy, but I got them from a local guy for next to nothing. 17 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

And another shot of Vinny. I just thought it was a neat shot.
    [​IMG]

2. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    What a lovely flock of birds.
    They look great.
    Gus with his windblown look, I love that!
    [​IMG]
    Those Lavender Orpingtons are so nice and fluffy.
    And that last pic of Vinny.
    Excellent.
    [​IMG]

Beth

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I lOVE the color variation in your flock!! [​IMG]

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    nice looking flock.
    i like vinny. [​IMG] he looks like a coool bird!

5. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    I love seeing pics of everyone's birds just chickening. Those LOs are beautiful!

6. freezefamilyfarm

freezefamilyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2010
    Beautiful birds! The Delawares are my faves. [​IMG]

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    What a combo of chickens! Vinny is giving you the stink-eye for sure!

8. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Poor Gus... doesn't he realize humans pay good money for that look?

9. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    Quote:Thanks. I am planning on adding a couple of BCM's and possibly SLW's in the spring. I like the variety as they each have their own personality.
    The BR's are my girls. They come running when ever they see me. When I sit, they all take turns sitting on my lap. The lavender Orps belong to my wife. I got them for her because she wasn't "Getting into chickens" like I was and felt she needed a little help. They are her "Babies" now. The Giants are pretty much terrified of any human contact. Even Gus, who I personally nursed back to health from the brink of death, wants nothing to do with me and I don't know why. The same for the Delawares, though I can catch one if I had to.

10. chickenbuddy0

chickenbuddy0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    southwest Illinois
    Great chickens and pictures ! I had a friend who lived in West Plains and I spent a week visiting her 10years ago. That area of missouri is beautiful !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by