Picture day around the yard **PIC HEAVY**

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Tomhusker, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    I thought I would catch some shots before the weather turned too bad around here. It was cool and kind of windy so the feathers were looking a bit rougher than normal.

Two of my 30 week old Barred Rocks. My first ever chickens and my favorites. I think I am their favorite fat guy too.

24 week old Lavender Orpington. He just started crowing last week, also saw him playing Romeo with one of the LO gals the other day.

One of the LavOrp gals, 24 weeks. Not sure if one of them are laying yet, but I did find a funny shaped new egg today.

These next two are of my Blue 19 week old Jersey Giant cockerel Gus. The first is a normal pic, the second is what he looks like in a good gust of wind.

This is my Splash Giant. Was supposed to be a gal, but I am thinking "Vinny" wasn't aware of this. Look at those big feet.

I also have 4 leftover Delawares from Cackle Hatchery. Nothing fancy, but I got them from a local guy for next to nothing. 17 weeks old.

And another shot of Vinny. I just thought it was a neat shot.
  2. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    What a lovely flock of birds.
    They look great.
    Gus with his windblown look, I love that!
    Those Lavender Orpingtons are so nice and fluffy.
    And that last pic of Vinny.

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I lOVE the color variation in your flock!! [​IMG]
  4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    nice looking flock.
    i like vinny. [​IMG] he looks like a coool bird!
  5. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    I love seeing pics of everyone's birds just chickening. Those LOs are beautiful!
  6. freezefamilyfarm

freezefamilyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2010
    Beautiful birds! The Delawares are my faves. [​IMG]
  7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    What a combo of chickens! Vinny is giving you the stink-eye for sure!
  8. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Poor Gus... doesn't he realize humans pay good money for that look?
  9. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    Quote:Thanks. I am planning on adding a couple of BCM's and possibly SLW's in the spring. I like the variety as they each have their own personality.
    The BR's are my girls. They come running when ever they see me. When I sit, they all take turns sitting on my lap. The lavender Orps belong to my wife. I got them for her because she wasn't "Getting into chickens" like I was and felt she needed a little help. They are her "Babies" now. The Giants are pretty much terrified of any human contact. Even Gus, who I personally nursed back to health from the brink of death, wants nothing to do with me and I don't know why. The same for the Delawares, though I can catch one if I had to.
  10. chickenbuddy0

chickenbuddy0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    southwest Illinois
    Great chickens and pictures ! I had a friend who lived in West Plains and I spent a week visiting her 10years ago. That area of missouri is beautiful !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by