picture heavy, fun decorating..anyone else have indoor cage to share?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Cynthia12, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I'm not finished..but just added what I can for now. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will change the lights when they don't need this much warmth any longer. Top opens, and middle..I like being able to reach in and not worry about them jumping through my arms right now! Plexa glass at bottom. [​IMG]

Poor babies..stressed out when I changed their cage..I'm wondering if the pair I keep will always be that way..and..since I have new pictures of my babies...I know it's still early..any ideas as to what I have? [​IMG]

Then, the baby that I thought had silver going down it's back, has black now. Very black feathers coming in the top area between the wings and body. The one sitting on the leaf. [​IMG]
    Ok, I need some ideas for nesting boxes in the future, and more little hiding places around the sides..they seem to like the sides..I need to get another empty paper roll or two in there for now.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    That's very cute! Are they as destructive as chickens on grass?

3. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:I live in Utah, it gets cold in the winter, so these are going to be pets inside. They don't get very big.

4. animal8

animal8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Oxford
    What are the dimensions for the cage? Looks like you have a very nice setup!! Would love to have something like this to keep a pair of Buttons in [​IMG] Are your quail Buttons or Coturnix? I can't quite remember from the last thread you posted [​IMG]

5. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:Hi animal...

It is 33 X 22" X 24 (H)" Overall Height 31.5" H

bar spacing is 5/8" That's why the plexa glass on the bottom. Plus, the same size wire that's on the sides of the cage is on the bottom, so I have the smallest galvanized wire on underneath the cabinet covers. Will have half and half of cabinet covers for them when they are grown so they will have a place or two to get off the wire if they want.

This also has a real easy removable tray underneath to clean. I kind of like it..and they seem to. [​IMG]

Didn't mention...buttons!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  6. Missi

Missi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    Naples, FL
    OH! Super cute [​IMG]

7. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:Thank you. [​IMG]

8. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    good ;uck keeping the decorations in tacked!
    before i even got ym eggs to incubate i had all my cages decorated wonderfully with silk plants about 3 days after the birds were moved into the cages the plants were knocked down and pooped on and i mean coverd in poop couldnt even tell that there was anythign but a giant pile of bird poop even the plants i had hanging from the sides of the cage bars birds tried climbing them and then pooped on them

9. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:oh dear! Yes, I have had some plants in there for a while, but not that many, and yes, there was poop on them. I wiped them clean and put those back, I'm hoping only having two in there will be better, if not..I will use something else I have in mind putting in, rocks. Yes, they can poop on them too, but they are easier to clean! Rock decor..hmmm....

10. chrishel

chrishel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    The Windy City
    I thought buttons were only to be kept in pairs when they are mature. I don't know what happens if you have them in a colony. I just keep reading "buttons in pairs" here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by