1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

picture of feeders please

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Ellagrace, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Ellagrace

Ellagrace New Egg

Jun 11, 2010
    I need some ideas of feeders. Can you please help me.

2. ndemerly

ndemerly Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Owosso, MI
    I don't have a picture. But, I made a feeder using a hog pan a five gallon bucket and a blot with a nut. $6 inplace of $20. I cut about a quarter round the way of the bucket taking about one inch high off. Then I attached the pan to the bucket with one bolt so that you spin the bucket and feed comes out all the way 'round. works pretty good so far!

3. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
  4. parisplus3

parisplus3 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2010
    Missoula Montana
    I used all recycled items for my coop, run and feeder. I chose to use a piece of rain gutter (with end caps) mounted on a piece of wood that is about twice as wide (mostly so they couldn't tip it over) and then set it on appropriately raised bricks. Then I wrapped some 2 x 4 wire fencing over the top so they wouldn't waste any but could easily reach their food. It works AWESOME If you are interested, I can take a picture tomorrow. [​IMG]

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I've made two: one in the yard for those chickens who don't sleep in the Big Coop, and one in the Big Coop.
    The yard feeder is a 5 gal bucket with holes in the sides at the bottom, bolted to a 20" plastic potted plant saucer.

The one in the Big Coop is this one:
    [​IMG]

It takes up very little space. I've since moved it to the opposite wall because I needed to place a covered kitty litter box as a nesting box in that corner. (Perfect timing too, as a broody hen took it over and hatched four chicks in it 2 days ago!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by