1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Picture of my BLRW sitting her eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by scgamecock, Feb 7, 2008.

1. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    She has been sitting since Monday and I have been taking the eggs from her and leaving two golf balls.Today I decided to give her some eggs and let her try since she seems determined to be a mother.[​IMG]. Cross your fingers and hope she continues.

[​IMG]

2. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Here's another one.

[​IMG]

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Aww - don't hens looks so sweet when they're all puffy and broody! [​IMG]

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Nice I want a couple BLRW hens mabe two I need to add some color to my flock. i want a broody to hatch some out.

Good Luck hope she turn out to be a good mom
    henry

5. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    hey did you ever get my E-mail?she is a pretty momma

6. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Yes I did.I thought I sent you my address and stuff but maybe I forgot.I'll resend it in a little bit.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Looks like she's all "poofed" and settled in. Good luck!!

8. Eryn

Eryn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    She is a stunning hen! I had just about given up on my overwhelming desire to get some BLRW but after seeing her I feel the need to get some soooo bad!!! [​IMG] Good luck with her hatching! I've always heard that Wyandottes make good moms! Let us know how she does!

9. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I have 3 hens that came from McMurray last May.Straight run of course is the only way they sell them but I got lucky and received 3 hens.I just knew I would get a rooster out of the bunch but I'm happy with what I got.She is the darkest of the 3 but not as dark as they can be.My other two are almost a splash color but I really want to get some of the darker ones, but I just can't come to grips with paying $60 for hatching eggs from a breeder.I think the Wyandotte are my favorite, I love the rose comb and just the overall shape of the chicken itself.They are very tame but I try to pick them up and hold them every chance I get so they are used to it.I would recommend BLRW to anyone, don't give it a second thought.They are one of the first to get noticed when people come by the house.They lay fairly decent also,a light brown speckled medium to large egg.

10. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    She is beautiful!

What is a BLRW? Beautiful L--- R---- W----

She looks like God handpainted her feathers. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by