picture of my coop door

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by banditgin, Oct 26, 2007.

1. banditgin

banditgin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2007
    Boonsboro, MD
    I love the door - DH made it out old wood from our barn. If we have enough wood, we might try to put it on the outside of the coop.

[​IMG]

2. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice! It's always great to reuse stuff instead of having to throw it away. [​IMG]

By the way, I love the color, too!

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Oooo, beautiful! Could you do at least the front if you don't have enough for the whole thing?

We'll be building a new coop this fall/winter and hope to use mostly salvaged materials. We have a garden shed that my DH built from salvaged barn board. We thought about clearing out half of it to use for the new chickens we'll get in the spring but I'm worried that it's not high enough off the ground. We now there are mice out there and we don't want them getting where the chickens are if we can help it.

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Really nice, older wood has that nice patina. I had a pile of leftover wood from fence building, and I am now down to crumbs with reusing what ever I can.

5. southernsibe

southernsibe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2007
    kensington, maryland
    I like the door! Did he have to clean it up a lot in order to use it or was it fine just like it was?
    Rachel

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by