Picture of my great grandma in a teepee!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by The Chicken People, Jan 4, 2010.

1. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    [​IMG]
    I am trying to trace my family tree and this is o great picture that was shared by a family member. I love it! I sure do miss Granny!

2. Lil_Chickadee

Lil_Chickadee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    WV
    [​IMG] Very cool!

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Hope you find ,cool, fasanating and intersting history in your family tree!

4. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    That's neat.

Did she have a neat name? Did you name any kids or grandkids after her?

Was she Indian I'm assuming and which tribe? If you do a search on here you will find other Indians on here and links to resources in finding more info. that could probably help you in your family search.

That is a neat picture. My children have a little bit of Choctaw from their paternal side. My father traced my ancestors back to my 13th Great Grandfather on my mother's side who founded a presby. church in Scotland and his painting and grave are still there today. They were to go visit this church but my father died just before the trip. My mother took the trip later the next year with my sisters since I was home with my premie. It's really neat learning about your heritage. Have fun on your search.

regards,
    gretchen

5. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    10 years since my grandma past away. I still miss her every day. She practically raised me.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats' wonderful! Best of luck on your endevor!!! [​IMG]

7. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    The teepee looks like the ones used by the plains indians. Do you know what tribe she was? Her round face looks like the Blackfoot. There is Blackfoot in my background

8. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

[​IMG]

I have traced a branch of my family all the way to England and Ireland. I have actual copies of ship's logs with their names on them. Family History is so cool!

9. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Her name was Lydia Laura Josephine Wuddel sp? and the last name is her last married name... Not sure of maiden name at this time. Not sure on Heritage because she was the result of the chief taking his way with a white woman. Granny told me that when I was about 13 or 14 years old but none else knew...My grandma is trying to get together with her long lost cousin to get info for me!
    I never had a daughter to name but my older sister named her oldest girl Laura Josephine .
    I think I have a better picture that shows her facial structure more...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by