Picture of my starving chickens.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    At work yesterday I was talking to a guy about chickens (don't even remember how that topic got started) and he asked me what kind etc... He asked what I feed them (he is thinking about getting some) and I said 20 acres of good grass and bugs/grubs. He says "you don't give them any food"? I say that IS food and he says I'm starving my chickens. [​IMG] I do throw some feed and scratch out for treats every day but they choose to go out and hunt for bugs most of the feed and grains lay there for the chippy's. What do you say to someone like that?? [​IMG] What I told him is he will see when he gets chickens how long a bag of food lasts compared to how much they eat in the winter (of course I do offer food in winter [​IMG] )

Now I ask you all...do these look like starving chickens? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    Colorado Plains
    Uh, Nope.
    [​IMG]

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

They do a little malnourished! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Oh yes they look starved to death. Shame on you. [​IMG] [​IMG] I will turn you in. LOL. Only kidding. They are very obviously well taken care of. They are beautiful.

5. Crazy4mypeeps

Crazy4mypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Nebraska
    ROFL, yeah, the look famished! Shame on you! *end sarcasm*

Some people just don't get it. I watched one of my "starving" hens yesterday dig down 8-9" for worms most of the afternoon. She sure was having fun, and when she went into the coop last night, her gullet was full!

6. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    They are beautiful and very healthy looking!

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You really should send those to me and I will make sure they get to eat something. [​IMG]

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Well good! I'm sure glad I have the experts opinions [​IMG] I did tell him I can't go wrong with how I raise chickens because I spend A LOT of time on BYC [​IMG] He's going to check it out [​IMG] He may learn something real soon! I told him to look me up because I'm going to show pictures of my "starving" chickens for him [​IMG] I hope he joins!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  9. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] you can just tell how malnourished they are lookin good to me

10. Crazy4mypeeps

Crazy4mypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Nebraska
    Quote:But they are so skinny, he might just miss them! [​IMG] [​IMG]

J/k Hope he joins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by