Picture of one weird egg! Is something wrong???

BethMatt

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2015
has anyone ever seen something so strange? I have new layers BR & RR do you think something is wrong?[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7107222/width/200/height/400[/I
MG]

Last edited:
Then its pretty normal. When they older the bodys have all the kinks worked out until then the eggs flux in size shape whether or not they have shells or not as well. They can have no yolks or double even triple yolks.

Then its pretty normal. When they older the bodys have all the kinks worked out until then the eggs flux in size shape whether or not they have shells or not as well. They can have no yolks or double even triple yolks.

Thank you! I'll wait this out & see if she's okay
1f44d.png

The only time i read about when you really need to worry about an egg (besides being egg bound) is if it a puss filled egg it means the hen has a dease that be running its corse and by the time they lay said egg its to late. And you ll know when you see it its digusting looking. It looks kind like a messed up cheese ball shudders. Yeah and if they have solf shells or no shells offer oyster shells they give the hens calcium they need to form the shells. And yeah i beenw watching my one laying deleware hens, her egg went from small to a medium to small agian lol. She i cant wait until her body gets it down. My leghorns started laying about two months ago now and most of their eggs are getting to the size they lay for their entire lifes. Nice sized eggs, but from what i ready its normal for them to flux until they are eggsperates lol.

It looks normal to me for a young hen. When our first flock started laying, we got all kinds of odd shapes, from perfect golfball size and shape, eggs that had two pointy ends, to weird triangle-looking eggs. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom