1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

picture of our Rooster (unknown breed) and our two Cochin

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by marilyn15, Jun 29, 2011.

1. marilyn15

marilyn15 Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2010
    Shiloh, IL
    Just learning how to post pics and wanted to post a picture of our rooster Romeo and and two of our Cochins. Not sure what kind of breed our Roo is, maybe an Ameracauna? We hatched him last April from eggs we got from a friend that had Ameracaunas and some other breeds unsure of. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Sassafras

Sassafras Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    N.H.
    I don't think he is Ameracauna. He does not have any muffs does he? A very handsome roo though.

3. psimons2004

psimons2004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    Cheyenne
    Our Belgium (bantum) rooster is young but developing very similar colors... I'll post a pic of him for you. He has feathered feet and a beard though....

[​IMG]

4. marilyn15

May 26, 2010
    Shiloh, IL
    no he does not a have the muff, and thank you we think he is pretty.

Quote:

5. marilyn15

May 26, 2010
    Shiloh, IL
    Thanks, he is a beauty! But no he does not have the feathered feet, must definitely be a mixed breed.

Quote:

6. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Where are the Cochins!!!??? I want to see your Cochins! Please, I love them so much. [​IMG]:love

7. marilyn15

May 26, 2010
    Shiloh, IL
    Thanks for asking! We only have 3 (stinking raccoon got one [​IMG] ) ( Don't worry my husband took care of that! But we have three, we are very new to this breed and mainly have the chickens for our children to love, enjoy, and learn from...also for eggs! I will try to post some now, and then today try and take some new pictures of them. The man we got them from was so sweet, it was after we had lost one of my sons new chicks and so we went and got him these three Cochin....he loves all the different breeds so lets just say we have a mixed group of chickens!

Quote:

8. marilyn15

May 26, 2010
    Shiloh, IL
    Here is one of our sweet girls resting when she was digging in the compost pile.....

I need to upload more pics and will definitely share when I take some better pictures today! I think they are such pretty hens. The man we got them from had such a gorgeous Roo that was mainly black, never saw one like that before!

[​IMG]

9. marilyn15

May 26, 2010
    Shiloh, IL
    BTW our baby roo looks a lot like your roo we were told it is a Millie Fleur D'Uccle. Will post pics......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quote:

10. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Quote:So beautiful! Thank you. In Australia we have a bantam chicken called a pekin, which look just like cochins. There is debate about whether or not they are related.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by