Picture of what we found in our coop. CUTE!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    My dad went down to the coop and THIS is what he found!

Not the boy...the kitten [​IMG] 2nd one we found since we lived here! People are dropping them off in our driveway I think. We STILL have the other one LOL Now we say this one will be a "farm cat" well, not so much!

[​IMG]

2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Awwwwwww [​IMG]

3. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    It's cute until it happens every month and you end up feeding 10 barn cats, spending time rehoming 10 more and constantly having more dropped off on your drive in all kinds of winter weather etc. We even had a CALF dropped off in our pasture last year!!! Had to feed and rehome that one too.
    Sorry to be so bitter, but it's exhausting and expensive taking care of all the dumped animals at my farm.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Being who I am, I will always feed an animal left behind and rehome it if necessary. That is just me. And my 36 chickens, two turkeys, two goats, two cats and three dogs. 4 chickens, 2 cats and 2 dogs were rescues. Including Tubby who thinks that anyone in the coop is a roo [​IMG]

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I'm like that too deb. I take in whatever is left by us. My parents were always like that as well. They never got upset (from what WE saw anyhow) about it but we did do a lot of rehoming. We will rehome if this happens again but for now it's in our house and really enjoying life. So far no other animals thank goodness. We also have a neighbor who has tons of barn cats. They said if we ever find strays to just bring them over and put them in the bard [​IMG] That was nice.
    Were not sure how long the kitten was in the coop. It was living under the water table and eating the chicken food when my dad found it. It ran and hid but he coaxed it out with some bacon.

ETA: Before we rehome we would be sure it was neutered or spayed too. That way NO more unwanted pets from that one.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

So cute! I love pics like that! thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

7. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    I live in a little town, a few streets, couple of dozen houses -- and for the life of me I can't figure out why/how they always get dumped at MY house?? It's not like I"m the first house they come to, or even like my house looks all that spectacular for a pet to live here -- frankly, I'd dump them on my neighbor. His house looks like older people who have time and money live there, LOL!

We buried two of our cats in the last couple of weeks, so by October I'm sure the kitty fairy will send us a new one! THat's usually how it works.

Although, the neighbor just had a batch of kittens, and it's been a reeeeeeaaaaaallllllly long time since I had a pretty calico . . . . . . . and she's got one [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

Kittens are my weakness too by the way.... The puppies were bad enough but if someone dumped a kitten it is mine. MINE I SAY MINE!

9. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Quote:What happened to your ducks???

10. debilorrah

Quote:What happened to your ducks???

OOPS 3 ducks too. [​IMG] HOW could I forget them???? They are the most vocal of all. Sheesh!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by