Picture of "Wild" Turkey with Babies

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Ellie, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    As promised, here are the pictures of the turkey and babies. This board let me know that it is not a wild turkey. She really likes it here though she lives next door.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ellie

2. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Beautiful! Yes she looks more like a Narangasett hen or maybe a Narangasett x Royal palm.....GLAD TO SEE you are giving those chicks starter! Put out a waterer to if you can. Soon those poults will think you are moma!

[​IMG]

3. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Yep, the waterer is in the the foreground. I have at least 3 bowls of water out there for them (Redding is hot, hot, hot). We have had a month of 97-102 degree weather which is normal for us.

I don't know why he says they are wild and he raises them and lets them out in the wild.

Who knows? She is a really nice turkey.

Ellie

4. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Too cute! Thanks for sharing. What an awesome sight. I love it....mama and babies. [​IMG]

5. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Congrats! They're beautiful..[​IMG]

6. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    The neighbor said he was going to come get them, but hasn't. I worry about the babies and safety. The front of my property is pretty open. It is fenced on the sides, but not in the front though it is 5 acres in the front.

I wish he would take them into his fenced yard and pen, though I do love watching them.

Ellie

7. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Kevin Porter can probably tell you what the mix is of you want to know, he breeds the fancy colored turkeys. He has a web site "porters rare turkeys" or something like that. Just google Kevin Porter and it will take you there, he's a nice and knows the color combos and what makes them.

Steve in NC

8. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Lucky you! They are sooooo cute! [​IMG]

9. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    oh so pretty i love turkeys they are very nice to look at thanks for sharing [​IMG]

10. ChickyBabe

ChickyBabe Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2007
    Wisconsin
    a week ago my neighbor fond some abandon turkey eggs and she put them under a broody chicken and when they hatched they thought she was there mother. [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by