1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Picture share of my brood

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MyMonsters91, Feb 13, 2016.

1. MyMonsters91

MyMonsters91 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2015
    My first ever incubated babies are starting to feather out and are still as cute as ever. Aren't they lovely? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BoomChickaPop

BoomChickaPop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
    Yes they are lovely what breeds are they I see barred rocks

3. MyMonsters91

Aug 17, 2015
    They're all barred rocks. I have 4 pure ones in there and the rest are mixes with Rhode Island Red, Black Austrolorp, EE, and a buff :)

4. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    They're all so cute!!

5. MyMonsters91

Aug 17, 2015
    Thanks! I can't wait to see what they look like when they get older. 5 of them are very distinctive, despite having a BR for the father. A brown face, darker coloring, 2 are completely different feather colored, and another has a more over-all gray head. 3 of my 4 BR (not mixes) are looking male. The 4th has a problem with it's leg, but looks female in coloring. 2 of my RIR mixed ones look like a male BR... which they shouldn't, and I know their colors don't indicate their sex because of the mixed genes.. and then the other 3 look like classic girl BR (as the mixes SHOULD look). So, overall, should be very interesting to see how they feather out, and what sexes they end up being.

6. allosaurusrock

allosaurusrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Very cute mixes! I hope my parents will get me an incubator for my birthday!

7. MyMonsters91

Aug 17, 2015
    It becomes an addition real quick. These guys were my first time. All 13 that I put in came out. :p Now I have my 2nd batch in and hoping for good results again. My girls make some sturdy babies. I'm just FX that my good luck at hatching doesn't turn into bad luck for sexing...

Already planning on a duck hatch after this next batch. My girl duck is finally laying some fertile eggs!

8. doc637

doc637 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2016
    Very cute chicks

9. allosaurusrock

allosaurusrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Addicting, you say...? I just got a rooster, and one of my hens is frequent broody. I am already getting 10 chicks this year.

10. Lalegid

Lalegid Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2014
    They are all rather cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by