Picture Upload Error Message - Problems

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by ErniesFlock, Aug 17, 2014.

1. ErniesFlock

ErniesFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

This is what happens when I try and upload anything beyond 1200x800 not sure if its because of my web browser? So both my images are low to medium resolution any input? Moderator?

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

@ErniesFlock , which browser and version are you using? As a test, could you also try to use Google Chrome and/or Firefox to see if it's a problem with the browser and/or version?

3. jdmtz

jdmtz Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2014
    Hi I'm having the same problem, I cannot upload any pictures, I only have my iphone, my computer is in storage right now

4. ErniesFlock

ErniesFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

@Nifty-Chicken Thoses are the two I actually use Chrome more so for mac if that makes a difference? Worse comes to worse in the unlikely event of winning any contest I can always send the big res file then. Just dont want anyone overlooked if they are going through the same upload issue. Thanks for your attention in this matter :)

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks! Yup, we usually ask the winners for the largest versions anyway.

So, anybody having this problem... go ahead and upload a smaller version, but make sure you keep a large version on your computer! :)

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Been uploading photos all morning and suddenly, I get error messages and can't do it at all. So, I even made them all smaller, in case the size was an issue and nope, same problem.

7. lalaland

lalaland Overrun With Chickens

Sep 26, 2008
    Pine County MN
    ditto!
    I get the error message: Some images failed to upload:
    • sick legbar chick 8 wk.jpg - Error, param staticContentPath is not a directory! [/var/www/html/static.backyardchickens.com/pub//imgrepo]

You can try re-selecting them and uploading again.

I use a chromebook. didnt' matter if I chose a smaller size to upload.
    thanks!

8. jonalisa

jonalisa Codswallop!

May 28, 2013
    NH
    My Coop
    Me too, my error wording is identical.
    I had already uploaded 2 pics to a private message and then started getting the error with each additional photo.
    I tried changing the photo's directory, name, etc. No luck.
    This is a sudden issue.
    I am using FireFox, but I doubt it is a browser issue.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  9. jonalisa

jonalisa Codswallop!

May 28, 2013
    NH
    My Coop
    I can't upload anything of any size.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

By the way, I'm using the latest version of FireFox

Quote: Some images failed to upload:
    • DSCN4355.JPG - Error, param staticContentPath is not a directory! [/var/www/html/static.backyardchickens.com/pub//imgrepo]
    • DSCN4356.JPG - Error, param staticContentPath is not a directory! [/var/www/html/static.backyardchickens.com/pub//imgrepo]
    • DSCN4359.JPG - Error, param staticContentPath is not a directory! [/var/www/html/static.backyardchickens.com/pub//imgrepo]
    • DSCN4366.JPG - Error, param staticContentPath is not a directory! [/var/www/html/static.backyardchickens.com/pub//imgrepo]
    You can try re-selecting them and uploading again.
    Pick the size for these photos when they appear in your post.
    (Members can click the photos to see the larger versions)
    Small [200 x 400]
    Medium [350 x 700]
    Large [500 x 1000]
    By selecting Submit, below, I agree to these terms:
    I am not uploading any copyrighted or offensive material.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by