Investigating Pictures/albums gone

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by blogachick, May 20, 2017.

1. blogachick

blogachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2017
    Dancing with Chickens
    I'm on a computer, my browser is chrome, I've deleted internet cache/browser history and tried a different browser (internet explorer).

My albums/photos are gone. I can't figure out how to "edit" my profile or upload photos.

I suspect the problem might be user error as I've found that most of the problems I have with computers are.

Please help!

scottcaddy likes this.
  2. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    My albums are gone too, I posted about it in a different section (b/c I didn't realize I was in the wrong section) anyway was told it is a known problem they are working on.

The only way I was able to get pictures put on today was w/ copy and paste, the square w/ the landscape in it wouldn't work for me either, I also use chrome.

scottcaddy likes this.
  3. BYC Support

BYC Support Administrator Staff Member Project Manager

Jan 11, 2007
    We are still working on getting galleries imported.

scottcaddy likes this.
  4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    IMG_1451.JPG :frow

Yes pictures are taking a little longer than expected to be moved over to the new platform but fear not they are still there and will get here as soon as possible.

You can use the upload a file button at the bottom of your reply box to post a pic.

scottcaddy and Kassaundra like this.
  5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    The mountain icon is for posting pictures from the web, not your computer. :) If you find a picture on the web you want to post, do a "right click" "copy image address", then click on the mountain. That will bring up a small window, there you can "paste" your picture's *link*.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    scottcaddy and sunflour like this.
  6. blogachick

blogachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2017
    Dancing with Chickens
    Thanks for all the good information. It's good to know that my photos are still out there, somewhere. I'll try to be patient and adapt to finding "mountains" and "file buttons" to click on which is not easy given that I'm an old hippie chick born way before computers and I've no grandchildren nearby to show me the way...

scottcaddy likes this.
  7. JaeG

JaeG Overrun With Chickens

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    I'm glad I found this - one of my photos is on the front page (she's the broody one) and it got me to wondering where my photos were.

scottcaddy likes this.
  8. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    I also can't find my photos, or "My coop" page?

scottcaddy likes this.
  9. BYC Support

BYC Support Administrator Staff Member Project Manager

Jan 11, 2007
    Your photos are here and your coop page is here.

scottcaddy and Cluckies like this.
  10. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Thank you! :wee

That is my coop page, and a photo I posted after the change, do you know were our albums transferred?

scottcaddy likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by