Pictures and information on good silkie feet please?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by LadyinRed, Jun 24, 2010.

1. LadyinRed

LadyinRed Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2009
    Please post pictures of good silkie feet and any buff silkie babies! I'm currently focusing on breeding buff and white silkies but I am new to silkies so I would love pictures and any information given on buff silkies, silkie feet, and all things show silkie related!

Thanks!

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    R.I.P Princess, White Silkie. I dunno if her feet were good or not, but here is a picture anyway!
    [​IMG]

3. blaundee

blaundee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    I too would like to know- I had Silkies as a kid, and have just ordered a bunch and intend to breed them for myself, and perhaps show them. I want to know what is considered good Silkie conformation- pictures would be GREAT!!!

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Here are some pictures of bearded buff babies and some buff silkie chicks feet. I dont have any pictures of adult feet yet.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Wow, That's is all I can say ... Wow [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. blaundee

Aug 3, 2009
    So... one the first toe, what would be a person's index finger, is it more or less desireable to have feathers????

7. Dylan's Silkies

Dylan's Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Virginia
    Quote:It's more desirable to have feathers on all 5 toes but at a minimum to the third toe especially if you want to show them. On Sundown silkies' photos, photos #2, 3 and 5 of the chicks' feet are excellent. There's good feathering on all 5 toes.

8. blaundee

Aug 3, 2009
    Dylan's Silkies :

Quote:It's more desirable to have feathers on all 5 toes but at a minimum to the third toe especially if you want to show them. On Sundown silkies' photos, photos #2, 3 and 5 of the chicks' feet are excellent. There's good feathering on all 5 toes.

Thank you!

I appreciate any and all info about silkies and showing.​

9. blaundee

Aug 3, 2009
    bump

10. CheshieChick13

CheshieChick13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay, what about four toes? I have a rooster who just beautiful and an absolute dollbaby! The only problem is he only has four toes [​IMG] I have been trying to decide what to do with him. I bought some other chicks from the same parents as him. When I was going through the chicks some had four toes, some had five. I picked all ones with five toes. Is it terrible to use him as a breeder? I know he has a five toed gene in there somewhere......[​IMG]
    I'm also a little leary about his five toed siblings, since obviously they have the four toed gene floating around.

Opinions?

Thanks
    ~Steph

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by