1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pictures building the new pen on 1/4 supervisors and entertainment

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WriterofWords, Jan 6, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    We enlarged the pen by the playhouse coop, actually put up one rather than the two dog pens put together. The whole crew came to inspect, then Little Foot and LaRoo entertained us with a mock fight. The put their little beaks together and fluffed up there hackles and turned in circles until they got dizzy and had to fall down a couple of times.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Helena supervising Steven
    [​IMG]

2. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Awesome pictures! I love the fluffed out feathers!
    Helena sure has some " big hair"

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    LOL Steven has big hair right now too but he took his hat off and it was flattened out. He's never had his hair this bushy before. Helena and Charlotte are his for sure, they sit on him and run to him when they see him.

4. legacyln

legacyln Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Jefferson City, MO
    Love the arguing roo pics!!!

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    My little roos aren't good for much more than a good show! Little Foot and Silkie Fancy Pants chase each other, he and LaRoo get dizzy together, Luau watches and just ignores them most of the time and Little Turk gets picked on so much he stays away from most everyone except Spike, Helena, and Show Off, the ones he grew up with. If the big roos start that I'll be concerned, every now and then Sparkle and Blue Roo look serious.

6. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Nice work. I'm wanting to enlarge our area ASA weather permits. I like the fencing material you used. I used a welded wire last run but this one needs to be much bigger and that stuff looks tall. What is it called? So I don't look like a dummy at the hardware store. [​IMG] Do you cover the top also? I am worried about hawks in the area.
    I have 2 polish just like Helena. I love them they just come right up to me and want me to give them attention. I just call mine Polish Friend 1 and 2. Kinda corny but it stuck. [​IMG]

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    What you see there is the old pen, the dog travel kennel. It's actually two X-pens put together and it's only 4 foot tall. What we replaced it with was horse fence, 6 foot tall.

8. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    I love the last one!

9. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I was wanting something tall so I can walk in there and I am planning to put up some roosts out there to keep them outside in the summer......hopefully. That horse fence would work well. I think a heavy duty tarp would work well on the top. It is going to have a pitch roof.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by