1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pictures Finally!!!! Help me sex them please???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by djwingo, Apr 12, 2007.

1. djwingo

djwingo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2007
    Kellyville, Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

ok this is a couple of them 1 have 6 all together i think i have 3 roos and the other 2 i am not sure any ideas?? what breed do they look like to you guys??

(more pics coming in next hr or so)

omg sorry if the pics are really big!!!!

[​IMG]

ok heres more they are all the same age abt 6 weeks i think even though one is huge!!!

[​IMG]

ok here is our easter chicks we got on sale the day after easter the dog got to them and the blue one passed away [​IMG] the man i got them from said they were layer hens

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    The ones in the first picture that have waddles and combs that are already turning red are probably cockerels. Pullet's combs dont usually turn red until just before they start to lay.

The others are too young to tell what sex they are, although if that black and white (pink) chick in the last picture has a large white spot on its head then Id say it is a cockerel, too.

Note: What are you feeding the Easter chicks? It looks like they have scratch corn in their feeder. They should be on medicated chick starter, and if they get any scratch corn.....as a treat only..... then it should be chick scratch which is ground much smaller. [​IMG]

chel

3. djwingo

djwingo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2007
    Kellyville, Oklahoma
    ok yeah it is scratch they had it for 1 night i didnt have time to go to the feedstore when i got them [​IMG] they have the proper feed now and thanks for the info that was my suspicions too i have at least 3 roos now i wanted hens but thats ok [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by