Pictures . . . from chicks to pullets.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fowltemptress, Mar 26, 2009.

1. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    While buying a companion for a lone chick I hatched the other day, a TSC employee did the meanest thing possible and informed me they would get in a new batch of chicks today.

I swear, I was going to ignore this tidbit of information, but when my SO came home he got a phone call . . . HE GOT HIS DREAM JOB! There is not a chance we would let that pass without celebrating by buying chicks, especially since it means we won't have to move, and we won't have to worry about finding a place that will let us keep our chickens.

Here are pictures of the result of our celebrations . . . the silkie chick is my SO's special gift for being so darn wonderful. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Feel free to hazard guesses as to their breeds, but the main point was to share some picture of the adorable little cuties. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Congrats on the new job - and a big congrats on the new peeps! Great photos - so cute - looks like you have several breeds, but I don't know enough to venture a guess as to what they might be. Thanks for posting the photos!

3. fowltemptress

Jan 20, 2008
    Thanks! It was just a wonderful day all around. [​IMG]

I'm going to scour Ideal's website to see what they could be, but mainly I'm just counting on seeing what they turn into eventually.

4. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    idk what they are but man are they cute!!!! [​IMG] makes waiting 10more days for my chicks even harder lol

5. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    [​IMG]

6. fowltemptress

Jan 20, 2008
    Well, I'm down to two . . . All the others turned out definite roos (fast to mature!). These two are still maybe pullets, though I'm having my doubts on the brown one. We shall see. [​IMG]

Before and After photos:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  7. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Oh wow! I love how you posted them chick to today. How awesome to see how much they've grown. Sorry about the roo'age. That is what typically happens to me when I purchase chicks that have been sent from a hatchery. The hatchery sends out a higher ratio of roos to pullets because the pullets are where they make more money.

What really cracks me up at this age is their soooo fugly! They still have the chick head but a feathery body.

I just hatched this past weekend. 11 babies. I think I'll do the side by side as they grow pic thingy like you. I likes that.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  8. fowltemptress

Jan 20, 2008
    Well, I decided to update my last post with a final photo of beautiful Nefertini and Misanthropy (Tini and Missy). It's weird how much they change growing up.

9. Kiwi Chicky

Kiwi Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    Te Awamutu, NZ
    The photos are beautiful [​IMG]

So neat to see them from chick to chicken

Thanks for sharing [​IMG]

10. kezabel

kezabel Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Nefertini is beautiful, what breed is she? I so want one or 10 [​IMG] The photos are great too, good job there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by